Bronx Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced NYC attorneys who deliver results
Accidents in New York City that result in serious injuries demand strong legal action. That's why it's critical that you contact our law firm if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident anywhere in New York.
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Giampa Law have decades of experience handling some of the most complicated cases - and we have the results to prove it.
Founded by attorney Richard L. Giampa, our law firm has secured many multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families in the Bronx and other parts of New York.
We're proud of our results because the money we obtain for injury victims and their families often makes a dramatic difference in their quality of life. Instead of living in fear of financial ruin after an accident, the people we represent can continue to live their lives with dignity. That's what drives us to work hard every single day. That's why we're eager to meet with you.
Why should I hire Giampa Law?
There are many reasons why victims and their families choose our New York City personal injury law firm to represent them after an accident:
- Our extensive hands-on experience of how the legal system works in New York City. There’s no substitute for real-life courtroom experience.
- Our in-depth knowledge of the local, state and federal laws that apply to personal injury cases. You need to know the rules to know how to play the game.
- Our experience at the negotiating table. We know how to deal with insurance companies and demand the financial compensation you deserve.
- Our confidence in the courtroom based on decades of litigating complex legal cases before a judge and jury.
- Our drive and determination to win your case. We won’t settle for less than what you rightfully deserve. We will work hard to get you the money you need to live your life.
Notable settlements & verdicts
- $5 million settlement – Wrongful Death Claim
- $3,340,000 verdict – Lead Paint Poisoning
- $2,506,666 verdict – Podiatric Malpractice
- $1.475 million settlement – Slip & Fall Accident
- $1.3 million – Premises Liability Claim
- $1,000,000 verdict – Medical Malpractice
See more case results secured by our law firm for personal injury claims in the greater New York City area.
What is a personal injury claim?
Personal injury claims involve a person getting injured due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, typically as a result of some type of accident. For instance, if you sustained a concussion or broken bones in in a car crash caused by a drunk driver, you may consider filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party to recover appropriate accident compensation for your damages. Damages are the expenses you suffer as a direct result of your injuries, including but not limited to the cost of your medical bills and lost wages if you’re unable to work.
To prove that a person or organization is liable for your damages, you or your attorney must show that you were owed a duty of care, the duty of care was breached, and you suffered damages as a result.
How does the personal injury claim process work?
When you’re in an accident, you need to take immediate steps to protect your rights. Here’s what you need to do and what you can expect in your personal injury claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention – If necessary, go to an emergency room right away. Accidents can have serious or life-threatening consequences. But even if it isn’t a life-threatening emergency, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible to both treat and document your injuries.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer – The sooner you get an attorney involved in the claims process, the better. There are so many legal matters that can come up. Don’t try to tackle them on your own. Have an experienced attorney advising you every step of the way.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions – This might seem straightforward, but some people don’t take their doctor’s advice after sustaining a serious injury in an accident. If you don’t follow their advice, you might not get better – and you might not get the money you deserve for your injury claim.
- Investigate your accident – The next step involves your attorney investigating and gathering evidence in support of your claim. Experienced lawyers know how to find the facts you need to build the strongest possible legal case.
- Estimate the financial impact of your injury – It’s important to understand exactly how much money your injury could personally cost you, short term and long term. Here again, your lawyer can help provide an accurate estimate of how much money you could be eligible to receive.
- Gather more evidence in support of your claim – Experienced attorneys know when it comes to personal injury cases, you can never have enough evidence. This is why we constantly dig deeper for facts to build the strongest possible legal case.
- Decide whether to file a lawsuit – This is one of the most important decisions involving your accident. Your attorney can explain your legal options and work with you to create a winning strategy.
- Negotiate with the insurance company – Most personal injury claims settle out of court. Even if you file a lawsuit, that doesn’t mean your case will go to trial. We will continue to negotiate and can reach a settlement at any time, but we’re only interested in a settlement that meets your needs.
- Prepare for trial – If the insurance company won’t pay up, you have the right to take them to court. Giampa Law has experience trying cases in Bronx County and throughout the New York City area, and we know how to make the case for maximum compensation before a judge and jury.
At each stage in the personal injury process, we’re in your corner, protecting your rights and keeping you informed of your legal options. From determining which court has jurisdiction to drafting demand letters to hiring experts and taking depositions, we will manage the process and fight for full compensation while you focus on healing.
Remember, you only get one shot. Once you accept a settlement from the insurance company, that’s it; you can’t go back for more. That’s why it’s so important to have strong legal representation throughout the process. You have to put yourself in the best position to win.
Do I need to hire a personal injury attorney?
You typically don’t need to hire a personal injury attorney if you were involved in a minor accident and no one was hurt. However, if you suffered a severe or debilitating injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should at least contact a lawyer for a free consultation to learn your legal rights and options.
Keep in mind that an insurance company is in business to make money. Since the cost of a severe injury poses a threat to their bottom line, an insurance company will go through a lot of trouble to pay you less than what you rightfully deserve. Insurance adjusters are also trained professionals who handle claims daily, and they know what tactics to use to reduce or deny your compensation.
You should contact a personal injury attorney if:
- You need help getting appropriate medical treatment.
- The person or organization responsible for your injury is denying fault.
- You need assistance securing evidence to support your claim.
- You don’t know how much your case is worth.
- You’re not sure if the settlement offer you received from the insurance company is fair.
- Your claim is being challenged, delayed, or denied by an insurance company.
- You are the immediate family member of someone who died due to negligence.
Statistics show that victims who hire an attorney typically receive more compensation than those who don’t. Even talking to a lawyer has a statistically significant effect on compensation. Moreover, an attorney has the experience and resources to advocate for you in settlement negotiations or court, if necessary.
How much is my injury claim worth?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident and the severity of your injury, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses (e.g., ambulance fees, ER visits, hospital stays, doctor appointments, surgery, physical therapy, prescription medication, etc.).
- Modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate your injury.
- Wage loss and loss of future earnings.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium, that is, loss of companionship or affection.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Damage to your personal property.
It takes a considerable amount of skill and experience to calculate the true cost and the long-term impact of your injury. For instance, in certain cases, you may be able to pursue punitive damages if the at-fault party’s negligent behavior was intentional, egregious, or showed a complete disregard for your health and safety. If you don’t know what damages you may be eligible to recover by law, contact an attorney to review your case.
How long do I have to file a personal injury case in New York?
Under New York law (New York Consolidated Laws, Civil Practice Law and Rules – CVP § 214), the legal deadline, or statute of limitations, to file a personal injury claim is typically three years from the date of your injury. Failure to file your claim before this deadline will almost always result in your case being dismissed, though there are some exceptions. Nevertheless, you should contact an attorney well before this deadline if you want to build the strongest possible case because evidence can disappear over time and the memories of witnesses can fade.
Personal injury cases we handle
Our law firm handles many different kinds of personal injury cases in the New York City area. Along with motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice-related issues, we also have years of experience resolving complex cases involving serious injuries due to a wide range of accidents.
Transit accident claims often occur in New York City since many people take buses, subways and other forms of public transportation. If you or a loved one got hurt while a passenger on one of these forms of transportation, you might be eligible to receive financial compensation.
Other times, personal injury cases involve product liability claims due to dangerous products. We also handle claims involving lead paint poisoning and the harm caused by lead paint to children and adults.
Injury claims may also involve accidents on other people’s property due to dangerous or hazardous conditions. Such legal cases are commonly referred to as premises liability claims. A common example is a slip and fall accident due to unsafe conditions.
And if a family member died in a fatal accident, you may be able to seek compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit or claim. There are many other types of personal injury accidents in New York City. And one of our skilled attorneys can help you every step of the way. That's why we're eager to meet with you.
What makes personal injury cases so complicated?
Even when many accidents seem similar, there are unique differences between them. As a result, you can't take a one-size-fits-all approach to any case. You need to carefully analyze all the circumstances surrounding the injury and develop a strategy that works best for your specific situation.
But worst of all, what makes such accidents so complicated - and so frustrating - has to do with the person or business responsible. In many cases, individuals or companies refuse to admit any wrongdoing.
As a result, insurance companies will often refuse to compensate injury victims. That's not right. That's why we want to meet with you. We know how to hold people accountable for their reckless or negligent behavior.
How we can help you
When you have us on your side, you can dictate what happens to you. Instead of insurance companies deciding how much money you should receive for your injuries, you can demand the maximum compensation. And if they refuse to cooperate, we can take them to court and file a personal injury lawsuit in the Bronx or wherever your accident occurred.
You only have a limited amount of time to take legal action in New York. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might only have 3 years to file a lawsuit, according to New York State's Statute of Limitations law. That might seem like a long time. But the reality is building a strong, successful legal case often takes much longer than many people realize.
Don't jeopardize the outcome of your case. Demand justice. Contact Giampa Law and schedule your free case evaluation today. We're conveniently located in the Bronx near Yankee Stadium and across the street from the Supreme Court of Bronx County. Best of all, you only pay us if we win your case. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
"Excellent lawyers; settled my case quickly and easily. Would recommend" – Adreina E.