Rear-End Accident Lawyers in the Bronx
Our law firm knows how to win tough legal cases
Rear-end accidents are the most common types of car accidents to happen in the Bronx and throughout New York. Since they usually occur at low speeds, they’re brushed off as minor. That’s a mistake. Rear-end accidents should be taken as seriously as any other type of accident. Whether you were rear-ended in traffic, at a red light, or at a stop sign, get legal representation now.
Our law firm has a proven track record of maximizing compensation for rear-end accident victims. We know why rear-end car accidents happen and how to investigate them. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. Speak with an experienced Bronx rear-end accident attorney at Giampa Law today. We can help.
What are common rear-end accident injuries?
Injuries to the neck and head are common. Even low-impact rear-end accidents can cause whiplash and other serious injuries. Such injuries may not seem immediately obvious, but symptoms could appear days – and even weeks – after the accident. Failing to seek prompt medical attention could lead to further complications, some of which could be permanent.
Injuries often sustained in a rear-end accident include:
- Whiplash: This is the most common injury sustained in a rear-end accident. The crash victim’s head rapidly jerks forward and backward, causing damage to the neck and spine. If untreated, the effects of whiplash can be permanent.
- Frequent headaches: Chronic headaches often occur due to a rear-end crash. Over time, such headaches can significantly impact an injury victim’s quality of life.
- Severe back pain: Depending on the location of the injury, someone hurt in a rear-end accident might experience severe lower back pain or pain in other parts of their back.
- Concussion/Head Injury: Concussions and head injuries can also occur in a rear-end accident.
- Broken bones: In high-impact rear-end accidents, the crash victim could suffer bone damage around the collarbone, ribs, and torso.
- Paralysis: In extreme cases, high-impact rear-end collisions can result in paralysis.
How to file a rear-end accident claim
In New York, you are required to file a claim with your insurance company within 30 days of your car accident. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your opportunity to get the money you rightfully deserve for your rear-end accident.
This is especially important in New York since the state has a type of no-fault car insurance. This means your insurance company is initially responsible for your injury-related expenses, regardless of who was at fault.
Because your insurance company may be the one responsible for compensating you for your rear-end accident, keep your comments brief when you notify them about your accident. Otherwise, you may say something they could use to pay you less.
Remember, insurance companies only care about one thing – making money. And one of the ways they do that is by paying injury victims as little as possible for their injury-related expenses. Just because you were hit from behind doesn’t mean you have an open-and-shut case. Don’t say anything that could jeopardize your rear-end accident injury claim.
How much is my rear-end accident worth?
There’s no set dollar amount or average settlement when it comes to rear-end accident claims. Like other types of car accidents, how much money you can receive for your rear-end settlement or verdict depends on a wide range of factors. These include:
- The total cost of your medical care, from immediately after your accident or to long-term medical treatment.
- How much time you need to recover from your injury.
- Whether you can return to work after your accident or if you have a permanent disability that prevents you from working in the future.
- How much insurance is available; for instance, if you were rear-ended by a truck or other commercial vehicle.
Based on these factors and many more, your rear-end car accident settlement claim or lawsuit could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. The best way to know the potential payout for your rear-end accident is to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
We’ll handle the insurance companies
You may be wondering what to do next. You may not think that your injury is severe enough to seek medical attention. In fact, the other motorist’s insurance company may have downplayed the extent of your claim. But you deserve better.
Worried about accumulating medical costs or loss of wages? Giampa Law will aggressively pursue your case. We’ll hold the other motorist – and their insurance company – accountable and uncover the full extent of your compensation.
And if an insurance company acts in bad faith and refuses to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on your behalf in a New York court seeking damages, the legal term for financial compensation. Contact us and find out how we can help.
Do I need a lawyer for a rear-end accident?
If you have sustained an injury from a rear-end accident, you need to speak with an experienced New York car accident attorney at Giampa Law. We fully understand New York’s legal system and know how to win. We’ll negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company, and if they refuse to pay, we’ll gladly take them to trial. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s negligence.
Think you can’t afford an attorney? Don’t worry. We only get paid if we win, and we’ll stop at nothing to maximize your compensation. Contact us today at our Bronx office for a free consultation. Our New York City rear-end car accident lawyers want to help you.