Road Work Zone Accidents
Bronx road work accident lawyers serving New York City
Work maintaining New York City's streets, roads and highways never ends. There are literally thousands of miles of roadways in the Bronx and across the five boroughs. This includes interstate highways like I-95, the Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) and the Bruckner Expressway (I-278). Then there are the thousands of streets and boulevards, from Grand Concourse to Broadway.
At nearly any time of day, any time of year, road construction workers are fixing or repairing these roadways. Such work can be challenging and exhausting. It can also be dangerous. Road work zone accidents can easily occur in New York City. And when they do, the consequences can be serious. Severe injuries and fatalities are common.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a road work zone accident in New York, you may be able to take legal action against whoever caused your injury. That's why it's critical that you contact our law firm right way. Our road work accident attorneys at Giampa Law have decades of experience getting injury victims the money they rightfully deserve for road work zone accidents and other construction accidents in the Bronx and throughout New York.
What are common road work zone accidents?
There are many different types of road work zone accidents in New York. The circumstances involving each one can be dramatically different from one accident to another. That's why we want to meet with you as soon as possible. Some of the most common road work zone accidents we handle involve:
- Road workers hit by passing motorists - Many motorists drive too fast through work zones, resulting in serious injuries or fatalities involving road workers. And work zones are often improperly marked or flagged, causing passenger cars to enter the work zone and subsequently hit workers.
- Road workers injured by fellow workers - Whether it's a fellow worker operating a concrete road paver machine, a steamroller, a cement mixer or another truck, injuries involving road workers can occur at a moment's notice.
- Heat exhaustion - Road work areas in NYC can become extremely hot, especially during the summer. As a result, some road workers suffer from heat exhaustion or overexertion.
- Slip and fall accidents - Whether it's water, oil or other liquids spilled by other workers, road work zones can become dangerous quickly. That's why supervisors and others responsible for the safety of work zones need to take precautions to prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Road workers struck by objects - Whether it's a Jersey barrier or another common object used in road work zones, workers can sustain serious injuries when they come into contact with those items.
- Road workers struck by equipment - From shovels to hammers, plate compactors to airless paint stripers, road work sites have a lot of equipment. Injuries involving such devices can easily occur.
Whatever type of road work zone accident you're dealing with in New York, contact our law firm right away and find out how we can help you.
How we can help you
You might think you don't need a lawyer after your road work accident in New York. Many injured workers simply assume that workers' compensation will cover everything. But the reality is most road work injuries turn out to be much more expensive than many people realize. And what many people don't know is that they can often pursue legal action against whoever caused their injury.
Several different companies often work at a single road work site, and of course, motorists can also be involved in accidents. As a result, injured workers can file a third-party workplace accident lawsuit to obtain the compensation they deserve after an accident. Our attorneys know exactly how to handle such cases in the Bronx and throughout New York City. That's why we have such a strong track record of success.
Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation right now. We're eager to talk to you about how we can help you get your life back on track.