Bus Accident Attorneys in the Bronx
A bus accident lawyer at our firm can fight for justice for you
Bus accidents in New York can be devastating. Whether you’re dealing with an accident involving a New York City Transportation Authority (NYCTA) bus or another bus company, many bus injury claims often turn into complicated legal cases.
Unlike accidents involving passenger vehicles, you're not just dealing with a driver and their insurance company. As with truck accidents, there are usually multiple passengers, as well as the driver and other motorist.
While bus accidents can be complex, Giampa Law knows how to gather the facts and build a strong case. Our Bronx bus accident attorneys have decades of experience handling bus accidents, and our results speak for themselves. Contact one of our experienced bus accident attorneys and find out how we can help you.
Why do bus accidents happen?
There are a number of factors that can cause a bus accident. They usually include:
- Negligence of the driver: A bus driver who is distracted, drowsy, driving recklessly or driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol puts passengers and other motorists in danger.
- Driver is inexperienced: Bus drivers must be properly trained and experienced. Failure to hire a driver who is experienced or has a poor driving record be a liability.
- Negligence of another motorist: A bus accident could be caused by the negligence of another motorist.
- Bus was defective or wasn't properly maintained: Bus companies and local municipalities are responsible for ensuring that their vehicles are safe to drive.
- Hazardous weather conditions: Snow, sleet, flooding, and other severe weather can lead to an accident that may not be the fault of the driver or another motorist. If the city failed to clear the roads of ice and snow, then they can be held accountable.
If you have been injured in a bus accident because of the driver's negligence, you need to act fast. Seek immediate medical attention. If you can, obtain pictures, a police report and eyewitness information. The longer you wait, the more it will hurt your claim. An experienced bus accident attorney at Giampa Law can handle your case. Contact us today.
How much is my bus accident claim worth?
The total value of your injury claim can vary widely. You might be eligible to receive thousands of dollars or significantly more. How much money your bus accident claim is worth often depends on many different factors. But the bottom line is you should be paid for all past, present and future anticipated expenses related to your bus accidents. Such expenses can cover a wide range, including:
- All medical care related to your bus accident injury.
- Vehicle repairs if your car was hit by a bus.
- Replacement income if you need time off from work to recover from your bus injury.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to permanent disability.
Make sure you get the bus accident compensation you rightfully deserve. Talk to an experienced attorney who can fight for the money you need to get your life back on track.
Who determines who is at fault?
You might think the New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer or another law enforcement official investigating your bus accident has the most influence when it comes to determining who caused your bus accident. And while the police do conduct an in-depth investigation, it’s important to understand that they’re simply focused on determining whether any laws were broken.
Instead, it’s the insurance companies responsible for compensating bus accident injury victims who have the most to say about who was at fault – and who’s ultimately responsible for paying for accident-related expenses.
That’s why important to have an experienced, New York City bus accident lawyer on your side. Your attorney can conduct an independent investigation and make sure your best interests – and your injury claim – get the attention they rightfully deserve.
Why choose us?
If another motorist was at fault for a bus accident that you were injured in, you can file a third party claim against their insurance company. They may offer you a low-ball settlement that won't cover the full cost of your medical bills and loss of wages. Don't settle for less; talk to an attorney first.
If the bus driver was at fault, filing a claim can get more complicated. The bus company or city could attempt to deny your claim. But no matter who was at fault, Giampa Law will investigate and aggressively pursue your case. We'll fight for the results you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Bronx bus accident lawyer you can count on when it matters most.