Justice for NYC Auto Accidents
Discover what our Bronx car accident lawyers can do for you
You're driving a car. Or maybe you're a passenger. Suddenly, another car crashes into your vehicle. In an instant, you can sustain a severe injury that can affect you for the rest of your life. Knowing what to do after a serious auto accident can be confusing. That's especially true in New York City. You could be in the middle of rush hour. Or maybe the other driver is from another state or another country. What should you do? What are your options?
We know what you're going through. That's because we've been there for accident victims when they need us most. At Giampa Law, our experienced New York City auto accident attorneys have handled all different kinds of car accidents in the Bronx and beyond. We know how the legal system works and we know how get results when it matters most.
- Insurance Companies & Auto Accidents
- Car Accident FAQ
- How to Read Your New York Accident Report
- Winter Weather Accidents
- Taxi Accidents
- Ride-Share Accidents
Our strategy works because we work hard for our clients. And you can expect the same when you hire us to handle your car accident case. As your attorney, we will take the time to learn about your accident and exactly what happened. We will then explain all the legal options available to you so you can decide how we should handle your case.
You're more than just a client at Giampa Law. You're family. Find out what we can do for you. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation right now. And best of all, you only have to pay if we win your case. If we don't secure a financial settlement or verdict for you, you don't owe us a dime.
Types of car accidents
All different kinds of car accidents happen every single day in New York City. Some of the most common motor vehicle collisions we regularly deal with at our law firm include:
- Rear-end car accidents - The seriousness of rear-end car accidents should not be underestimated. When another driver crashes into the back of your car, you can easily sustain a serious head or neck injury, including whiplash. Such injuries can be extremely painful and affect your ability to work and perform other routine tasks for weeks, months or perhaps for the rest of your life.
- Head-on collisions - When two vehicles crash head-on into each other, the consequences can be severe. Catastrophic injuries (including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and severe neck injuries) as well as fatalities often occur in head-on collisions. That's because the force of such accidents can be significant. If both cars are going 40 mph, for example, it's the same as a car driving straight into a wall at 80 mph.
- Intersection accidents - T-bone accidents (when one car crashes into the side of another car), head-on collisions and other serious auto accidents often occur when two vehicles crash into each other at an intersection. These accidents are especially common in New York City since there are so many streets and boulevards crisscrossing each other in the Bronx, Manhattan and other boroughs.
- Hit-and-run accidents - We often hear from frustrated accident victims who were hit by a driver who fled the scene of their car accident. After such accidents, you might think you don't have any legal options. But the reality is you can take action to obtain the compensation for your crash. That's why it's critical that you contact our law firm right away to learn more about all your legal options.
- Uninsured driver accidents - All drivers in New York State are required to have auto insurance. Unfortunately, not everyone follows the law in New York. Some drivers don't have insurance. If you've been in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, contact us right away. We can walk you through all your options and help you decide the best course of action.
There many other types of car accidents. And in each case, the accident presents its own unique legal challenges. That's why it's critical that you schedule an appointment with our law firm as soon as possible after your accident. We can analyze your accident and explain which approach we believe would produce the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Causes of car accidents
In order to be fairly compensated for your New York City car accident, you often need to prove how your car accident happened. Some car accidents are just that - accidents. But the vast majority of collisions occur because a driver acted in a reckless or negligent matter. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents involving two or more vehicles include:
- Distracted driving - Far too many drivers fail to pay attention to everything around them. They're checking their phone, eating while driving, looking at a GPS or even watching videos. As a result, distracted drivers often crash into other cars. And when they do, they need to be held accountable for their actions.
- Texting while driving - Texting while driving is against the law in New York. So is operating a cellphone with your hands while driving. New York requires drivers to use a hands-free device while driving. Even so, many drivers ignore these laws and cause serious car collisions. And since they're so focused on their phone, they often fail to slow down before crashing into another car.
- Speeding - It's amazing how fast some drivers go in New York City. Even though the city has some of the heaviest traffic in the country, many drivers still manage to drive far above the speed limit. Speeding drivers wreak havoc when they crash into another car. In some cases, speeding drivers cause multiple car collisions, resulting in serious injuries to several drivers and passengers.
- Drunk driving - Drinking and driving in New York is a serious crime. That's because drunk drivers cannot control their vehicle and may cause serious motor vehicle accidents. Victims of DUI accidents deserve to be fairly compensated for their injuries. But don't simply assume that the drunk driver's insurance company will pay for all your accident-related expenses. In most cases, you will need to fight for what's rightfully yours. That's why you need us on your side.
- Running a red light - New York City drivers in a rush often race through red lights. And when they do, they can cause serious intersection accidents, including T-bone accidents. Red light cameras at intersections in New York often catch the driver running a red light on video. But that's no guarantee that you will be fully compensated for your crash. That's why you need us on your side, standing up for your rights.
- Falling asleep at the wheel - Tired drivers or drivers who fall asleep at the wheel often cause serious car collisions. That's because these drivers are unaware they are about to drive into another vehicle and don't slow down before crashing into another car. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by sleeping driver, contact our law firm.
Whatever the cause of your crash, no matter how simple or complicated it might seem, make sure you make an appointment with one of our experienced New York auto accident attorneys. We know how to get injury victims what they need after their crash.
How we can help you
Many drivers or passengers injured in an accident caused by another driver often assume they won't need a lawyer if the other driver clearly caused their crash. The police officer investigating the accident will inform the insurance companies what happened and everything will be taken care of, right?
Wrong. In most cases, the insurance company for the driver who caused the crash will do everything they can to make sure the other driver or injured passengers get as little money as possible. That's because most insurance companies only care about one thing - making money.
That's not right. That's why we take car accident cases in New York so seriously. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages for your inability to work and enjoy life for the remainder of your life. And as your attorney, we will vigorously fight for the money you deserve to live your life with dignity after your accident. Schedule your free consultation right now. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.